Topic

End of BPL Gear?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) End of BPL Gear?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jesse McKinney

@jessemckinney

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I'm just curious, will there be any more BPL Merino Wool Hoodys and Thorofare Trekking Pants available? Ever? I'm planning on buying an Ibex hoody and have already bought a pair of railriders pants. Just curious. Thanks.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I don't see an end to BPL gear but maybe to some products. BPL seems to have a constantly changing product line. This year it seems to be focused on the Stealth tarp, Hane Rod, Absoraka (sp?) pack and Cocoon clothing since BPL seems to have limited funds to invest in product offerings.

I'd be surprised if they don't do another run of the merino wool stuff at some point relatively soon.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I thought the wool stuff was dead due to fabric being unavailable?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

note that their most popular listing is probably the most viewed listing … since you cant buy the pack right now

not that it matters .. just shows what most people are looking … not necessarily buying

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The last I heard, we're having trouble finding someone willing to sew the UL merino items due to the thin fabric. Sam would know more.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

The Ibex Indie Hoody is really good though. And RailRiders is having a 25% off sale.

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

I got sick of waiting too and just pulled the trigger on the Ibex Hooded Indie

https://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/1794/2575/womens-hooded-indie

As a bonus they have sizes appropriate for a 5'6" male unlike BPL. I sure do wish BPL could keep all their sizes and items in stock because their gear is second to none in design. I've been tempted to take some of these designs and have them made in China cheaply and sell them right back to the people here that cannot purchase them from BPL!

Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

Locale: Norway

Devold is made in my hometown (not a town actually with only 4000 citizens). They have some pretty light clothes: http://www.devold.com

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

That is so cool that they make a lightweight longsleeve wool shirt in off white. Just like a Wool 2 but hopefully more durable.

http://www.devold.com/outdoor/default.aspx?menu=241&id=1042

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I have an Ibex Indie as well as a BPL UL hoody. I'm reserving the Indie for Winter conditions though where I can use the UL hoody well in to the 70s.

Jeffrey List
    BPL Member

@jlist

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The Devold website doesn't seem to be a retail outlet.
    Anyone know of a US source?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

From their Web page, under Distributors –

USA
    Devold Apparel Group
    Phone: (970) 722-0522
    Toll-Free:(800) 433-8653
    Fax: (970) 722-0307
    Email: [email protected]

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Anybody know anything about Devold's sizing? Probably on the smaller European set but there is no way of knowing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools