Topic

best air pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) best air pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe O’Toole
    BPL Member

@joe_otoole01

Locale: PNW

I'm in a search for an air pad. I'm looking for a 25" wide, weight conscious, uninsulated, 2.5" thick air pad. I am looking for something used mostly due to my low budget, but I am not having much luck. I saw a near $150 big agnes pad that is out my price range. Can you guys point me to the direction of some makers of these pads so I can begin to narrow my search?

Joe O’Toole
    BPL Member

@joe_otoole01

Locale: PNW

looks to be the big agnes clearview wide/long is the best price for width. found it for $90. still out of budget.

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

Bender will do custom work and selecting Kooka Bay has the advantage of supporting a cottage manufacturer.

http://kookabay.com/

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I'd second Kookabay, but the prices might be out of your price range. The extra width you're looking for will make it a bit harder to keep the price and weight down regardless of manufacturer.

You may want to post this in Gear Swap. You might have more exposure there.

Check out this thread:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=37813&skip_to_post=320522#320522

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools