Topic

Great Divide: Summer 2011

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Great Divide: Summer 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Dunne

@donryanocero

Locale: Humboldt

I figured it would be silly to post this in the trip announcements forum, so here it goes for now at least. I'm looking to ride from Jasper to Banff and from there the remainder of the Great divide. Planning on leaving around 1 July and coming back around 1-15 September.

I'm planning side backpacking trips in a few places as well. I'm planning about 70 miles a day on average which leaves plenty of time to relax and enjoy the ride and do some fishing.

I'm posting early to see about getting a group together which would make the trip even more epic. More details to follow.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I just watched a documentary on the Great Divide ride… blew my mind. Enjoy planning your trip and best of luck!

Ryan Dunne

@donryanocero

Locale: Humboldt

I hadn't heard about that, thanks. Weird that it comes out as I'm planning my trip. spiffy!

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

Ryan, how did the trip go?

DM

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

ummmm… hard to see the future…

Dylan Snodgrass

@truenorth

Locale: San Francisco, CA

Ryan,

A few pictures from my bicycle trip. This includes some of the terrain you'll be passing through.

Canada Bike Tour 2009 – a set on Flickr. http://bit.ly/dMtx5b

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Great pictures Dylan! looks like it was a fun trip. What route did you take down to Whitefish, I was thinking about doing a similar tour sometime in the future, and the route you chose looks amazing

Craig Savage

@tremelo

Locale: San Jacinto Mountains

I am almost positive I would not be able to get the time off from work… BUT, I will make this trip visible to others that might be able to tag along. thanks for posting

Christopher D

@survivalmancrd

I will be embarking on a similar journey biking across the divide as well and through Glacier national park and over to Mt Rainier and then coming back down through the California coast. Perhaps we will run into each other on the way. I'm leaving July 1st going through the Grand Canyon and Zion then through the Divide.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools