Topic

Ultralight Kettle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Kettle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

500ml, 2.7 oz, $1.50 at Daiso.

I really like kettles and this one is the lightest I've seen.Daiso Kettle $1.50 2.7 oz

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Looks like it needs some mods–a bail wire handle, maple wood knob for the lid, and a cut spout ;)

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Wow, yeah, with some mods you could probably get that under 2 ounces.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

whoa, that looks like DIY project gold mine. But what/where is Daiso?

Edit: N/M http://www.daiso-sangyo.co.jp/english/storeinfo/

Seriously, i'm super interested in modding it. Do it! let us know the final weight :D

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

I've found all kinds of ultralight stuff at Daiso:

Inflatable pillows with "baffled" ridges (like the montbell pillow) and fuzzy exterior; all sorts of small bento condiment containers;travel toothbrushes/toothpaste (single use);small wood spoons and forks that are lighter than titanium ones etc etc. You could spend hours in the place. And of course everything is $1.50.

I wish I had bought a couple more of the kettles to modify, I may have to buy some more next time I go there.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I picked up one of these teapots at Daiso today. This one weighs 2.8 oz. The diameter is only 11 cm, so it could be used on a small alcohol burner.

You could possibly rip off the plastic and aluminum handle, but you would be sacrificing some utility. The plastic is pretty thin, and I doubt that it weighs much. You could possibly trim a few grams off the spout, but not much before you are down to the liquid level in the kettle.

The best part is printed on the hang tag. "This product is too small to be used for boiling water, only for teapot."

On the other hand, what do you want for $1.50?

–B.G.–

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools