Topic

Close out on CAMP Gear and Clothing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Close out on CAMP Gear and Clothing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

I noticed this about the $150 eVent jacket.

"When it comes to waterproof and breathable, eVent® fabrics reign supreme. eVent® is made with an ePTFE membrane that does not require a polyurethane coating for protection from oils. With an MVTR of 17,000 g/m2/24hr, our eVent® fabric is exceptionally breathable. And with a waterproof rating of 10,000 mm"

Why are these numbers lower than what I typically see for eVent????

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

those are sick deals … ice screws for 30$ … harnesses for $15 … full even jackets for $150

too bad they dont ship to canada

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Oh man this is bad news for my wallet…those jackets better sell out fast.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

…just tried to get a Large. OOS. Only med left now.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Eric:

I'll be happy to help you with shipping to Canada — at cost. PM me.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Ben, you are sooooo evil!

Weiyi Wang
    Spectator

@wwyjedi

Locale: mid

any one has found the sizing chart for camp clothing?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

cant seem to find the PM button … lol

im holding out for the westcomb sale in vancouver they have every oct … last year they had jackst going for less than 1/2 price

much appreciated though

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

To use the PM feature, you have to set it up first by inputting your own email address. BPL merely functions as a conduit — when you PM someone, BPL sends your message to the recipient's email address. No record is retained within BPL system.

Charlie Murphy
    BPL Member

@baltocharlie

Locale: MAryland

Do those eVent jackets have pit zips?

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Check out the "Magic" wind shirts and pants– 3.2-6oz and $36 each :)

They have framed packs in the $75-80 range if you climb or ski. One sizer's though…

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

The eVENT jacket does not have pit zips.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

i didnt think that event needed pit zips…as the sweat will just go right through anyway

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Check on their official site

http://www.camp.it/

The far right has a pull down for english.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

nm

Brad Walker

@brawa

For the better :P (for me at least)

I did pick up a Magic Anorak, a new ice axe leash, and a hat. Thanks OP

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

I contacted Westcomb and got…..

Hi John,

We'll add you to the list. Yes, we are having a sale probably on the weekend of the 17th October. We'll shoot you an email.

Thanks,
    Chance

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

if there's one mirage event jacket left … we're going to have a fight to the death over it =P

last year they had a lot of jackets and pants CHEAP … i mean 1/3-1/2 price or less

u REALLY dont want to drive up from seattle that week until i get my stuff ;)

lol

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

I'm in contact with that last CAMP event jacket seller on ebay in a red medium. Here are the specs for fit . Pit to pit is 22"
    Pit to sleeve cuff is 23"
    Shoulder to waist is 25"(in front, back slightly longer)
    Color is red/gray as pictured before.
    Price?- the auction went for $150 I think, although the jacket is valued at $450. Contact me if you'd like to be put in touch with the seller as it is not currently listed. I have no interest in the jacket as it would not fit me. This is just a favor to those who were interested before the stock sold out .

Scott Truong
    Spectator

@elf773

Locale: Vancouver, BC

Hey Eric, if you live in the Vancouver area.. ship to the "Letter Carrier" (google it)

Your name
    145 Tyee Dr
    Point Roberts, WA

I've never had a problem and have bought a lot of stuff over the last couple of years.

If you bring over less than $150 and it's stuff like clothes, books or CDs etc, they won't charge you GST & PST. It also depends on the border guard.

I was at the Westcomb pre-Oct sale at their factory (I got on their email list last year)… they have quite a few spectre jackets left, chilko down sweaters etc for around $150.

I waited all year for snowboard pants and got one of the two Mirage pants in small for $150. Sweet!

Brad Walker

@brawa

My Magic Anorak (and some other items) came in the mail tonight and thought I'd give a first impression. I've never used a windshirt, so I can't really do much comparison.

It is TINY in it's built-in stuffsack. (like a 3" long x 1.5" diameter cylinder). Weight is 3.1 oz, advertised is 3.2, so all good there. (size medium, silver)

Putting it on what I notice most is how aggressive the waistline and wrist elastic is. Wrist elastic stretches over the hands and then fits loosely for me, but I have small wrists. Waist elastic definitely still applies pressure once it's in place and feels a little tighter than I'd like, but I don't know whether this is common or not. I also don't know whether this is differently sized on the jacket versus the pullover/anorak.

The material is very thin–it was easy to see my t-shirt through the jacket. I have no idea how it will function in the field, but it's about 1/5 the size of my rain jacket so I will probably try packing it on nice days (so, all the time in SoCal).

Another quick pro: it has a pretty slick little velcro hook and loop for holding the hood rolled down.

Edit: I'm 5'8", 150 lb, 32" waist for sizing info.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools