Topic

Any Amateur Radio operators?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Any Amateur Radio operators?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Everett Vinzant
    BPL Member

@wn7ant

Locale: CDT

Anyone else on here a ham? I've been trying to figure out some good HF antennas to go with an FT-817. Anyone else have ideas. Right now I'm looking at a pair of hamsticks in a dipole.

wn7ant

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

I know this thread is a little old but I happened to come across it and can provide some input.

I have experimented with lots of antennas with my portable HF radio. It all depends on what you want to do. Buddipole and Buddistick antennas are nice and modular but somewhat heavy. End fed half wave dipoles from Par Electronics are light and only need one support, just throw it up over a tree branch and get on the air. I would highly recommend the EF-10-20-40 for the FT-817. It is compact, light, multiband, and works great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools