Topic

Canadian Rockies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Canadian Rockies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

@trooper

My trip plans have changed at the last minute, and the Canadian Rockies are looking like the destination for this Saturday.

My big concern is if Canadian Customs will object to 2.5 kilos of freeze-dried food or any other typical backpacking items being brought across the border. Of course, my other and perhaps more important concern is if the Canadian Rockies are conducive to a hammock camping. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I don't know for sure where I'll be hiking yet, but I'm flying into Calgary where my friend will pick me up. We will then spend a few nights in the area and drive back to Michigan.

David Ure

@familyguy

You should be fine with respect to the food. However, be aware that there is snow at 1400m in both Jasper and Banff areas. Meaning bring some insulative clothing!

@trooper

Thanks for the advice!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools