Topic

Cheap and light silicone pot holders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cheap and light silicone pot holders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kim Clements

@wrestling_dad

Locale: Ohio

I found this tong with silicone ends at our local Dollar Tree store. If you don’t have a Dollar Tree store in your area, it is the only dollar store I know of that everything in the store is truly $1.00 or less.

Immediately I thought “what can I do with the silicone”? The silicone ends pull off easily. Here was my idea
    full tong
    tong ends
    silicone ends only
    lift from sides
    lift 2 from handle
    lift 1 from handles

It may also be able to be used as a lip guard for a hot cup. They weigh 4 grams each.

Jared Dilg
    BPL Member

@village

Locale: Texas

Nice find! I was just going to look for cheap kitchen silicone for myself. This looks great.

Could you edit your post with <br/> tags in between the images to break up the horizontal scroll?

Kevin Beeden
    BPL Member

@captain_paranoia

Locale: UK

I like the finger-ends…

My local £1 shop has two thin silicone mats for, well, £1…

One is circular, one is rectangular. I'm thinking of folding and fastening back the ends of the rectangular one to make a 'mini oven glove', which would protect thumb and fingers like your tong tips.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I've seen these at a local market. They are thin and flexible enough to be used as a pot holder, but maybe other things too: mug lid? emergency cup? funny small hat for visiting mice?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools