Topic

Pole Extender for Golite Hex 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pole Extender for Golite Hex 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve bought a Golite Hex 3 shelter. It came with a center pole & a pole extender that is ment to be used with a trekking pole. But when I put the extender on the “sharp” end of the trekking pole (point?), it is not a tight fit at all, plenty of room for the extender to wiggle around. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Does not look very reliable and strong. Or is the extender ment to be used in an other way?

TC, Moe.

Michael Martin
    BPL Member

@mikemartin

Locale: North Idaho

I’ve noticed the same thing with my Hex Pole extender. The fit depends on the type of pole it is used with, but it always has some play in it. In use though, under the compression of the tent, it has always worked fine. I suppose you could epoxy a 2″ piece of plastic tubing or something in the end of the extender, or wrap some duct tape around the end of your pole to get a snugger fit.

Jay Ham

@jham

Locale: Southwest

You might try this: My old Dana Nuk Tuk came with a section of aluminum pole. This was meant to replace the two handle sections of my trekking poles. After taking the top handle sections off, you insert the middle section into the “pole extender” so that the points are pointing away from each other. In this configuration, you lock the poles into the pole extender, and can adjust the length to suit your tent pitch.

I’m not sure if the GoLite pole extender is similar or not. Hope this helps.

Jay Ham
    Backpacking Light

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools