Topic

I started the fire, said she..

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique I started the fire, said she..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Sunday found me home in time to join the family at church.
    Part of this service includes members annoucing their joys and concerns while lighting a candle.
    A member casually annouced she had started the 4000 plus acre flick creek fire at lake chelan. She has told the authorities but she was now embracing the flames and the purity of the fire.
    It was a dumb accident but I’m having trouble shaking her attitude towards the near evacuation of land locked stehekin.
    I really don’t expect much comment, I posted it more to help me process this event. Thanks.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

This past week I went backpacking in Glacier National Park and got caught up (not literally) in the Red Eagle fire on the east side of the park. It delayed our trip but we were able to do a 4 night/5 day nice trip. The fire was started, I believe, by a boy scout troop.

David Bonn

@david_bonn

Locale: North Cascades

What is it with people?

If you are so clueless and irresponsible that you start a forest fire, you aren’t an outdoorsman — you are a spoiled child playing with matches.

This year I have encountered three unattended campfires while hiking. My approach is to put these fires out on the spot, hopefully using water the idiots brought and hopefully purified at great effort and expense.

I just don’t get it. We need to bring smoky the bear back. He needs to be out there mauling people who do things like this.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

The dumbest fire in recent memory was caused by a doctor burning his toilet paper…there is no cure for stupid.

Moe Dog

@moedog56

The latest on the news tonight was that she now wants to recant her confession for fear of facing a year in jail.

Here was one of the original stories:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/9812868/detail.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools