Topic

New SMD Swift coming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New SMD Swift coming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

Don't know how many of you have seen this but Ron says there will be an even newer and improved Swift soon:

"For those of you waiting on the current production of the Swift Pack. I apologize for the delay. Initially we were waiting for a new mesh fabric. The new mesh will be slightly lighter but with a much softer hand. During the wait we decided to make some additional changes to the Swift for the 2011 season.

Details of these changes will be described in a about two weeks. We're currently waiting on pricing information and getting in production packs to take some photos. I'm confident that the changes we're making to the Swift will take it to a whole new level in ultralight packs. Stay tuned.

We should have production packs available for shipping by late October."

May have to put mine up for sale.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Very cool. The last Swift version came and went, no reviews, nothing, unfortunate too because that looked like a great pack. Perhaps the pending 2011 Swift will get some attention next spring/summer.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

looking for a used 2010 smd swift if anyone wants to "upgrade" to the new 2011 one…

PM me please

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

This has me interested, I love my Swift '10!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools