Topic

Steepest discounts at SAC

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Steepest discounts at SAC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Not sure if this is a record, but earlier today SAC had a Lafuma women's hiking boot for 98% off- $2.99 down from $159.95. Not much interest on my part (or anyone else, if the markdown is any guide), but it certainly got a chuckle out of me…

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/lafuma-ld-tabort-hiking-boot-womens

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Aaron, there was this one time, almost a year ago, where SAC was blowing everything out at 80-90% off. They started the deal around 12am eastern time. However, the site was so swamped that it would crash, or anything you managed to add to your basket would surely be sold out by the time you clicked "order." Coincidently, I was up late that night/morning packing for a flight which I didn't plan on sleeping before for anyways, so I watched all the crazy deals, and tried to secure some for myself. Not sure how long it lasted, as I gave up around 530 am. I managed to get a mountain hardwear hardshell for my girlfriend, it was something around $160 marked down to $20. The one deal that Pissed me off was kayland mountaineering boots that I had bought a month earlier, being blown out for $10

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

Konrad, I think I got a little piece of that. Lucky for me I was writing a paper at that time, and hadn't anything better to distract myself than competitive shopping.

Dont Wantto

@longhiker

There was a time earlier this year when I had SAC open on my computer for several days because I needed several things that often appear on it.

In those few days, there were some 98% discounts sometimes.. they would disappear in 30 seconds or so. I picked up an Oakely jacket that supposedly retails for $350 or something for $20 or so. There were other $2 items in those few days.

The downside is you really only have 5 seconds or so to decide. I lost a couple of such orders while trying to put it in my cart.

I don't think such a discount means that object is really unpopular.. I think SAC uses these to keep some addicts checking the page all the time.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

yea, they also do $1 deals.

http://www.sacalerts.com is very usefull

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Why do they need your email and password to set up an account?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Is it asking you for your email password…or asking you to create a password for your new account?

Unknown abc

@edude

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/patagonia-down-sweater-jacket-mens

Patagonia Down Sweater 20% off ($160 sale price/$200retail) w/ free shipping on orders over $50. Enjoy!

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

Evan, you can get a minimum of 40% off anything on departmentofgoods if you go through http://www.gearattack.com and click "buy it at a discount" on the listings for any old items. If you click that link and add the item to your cart, it'll give a blanket discount to your whole cart.

This works especially well when they mistakenly put brand-new stoic products up on both sites.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools