Topic

Exped Polaris tent. Any users?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Exped Polaris tent. Any users?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Every winter i seem to look at this tent. Has anyone used one?
    A major factor in a severe weather tent for me is ease of set-up. Of course a full geo may be stronger, but is not an easy thing to set up in a storm, especially if solo. The Polaris looks easy to set up in high winds. I would love to hear of any experiences of use in high winds.
    This is an expensive tent that may only get used a few times a year, so i wouldn't want to make an expensive mistake if i ever bite the bullet.

wander lust
    Spectator

@sol

I don't have first hand experience but check out this german blog post: http://theotherface.wordpress.com/2009/10/25/eindrucke-exped-polaris/ there is a translation button on the right side (did not work for me right now)

here are some videos about set up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mygoCdJCnm8

nanook ofthenorth
    BPL Member

@nanookofthenorth

looks very small, Christopher Erikson (sp?) was using one on K2 this season before his fall. I was reading his blog and noticed it

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Thanks guys.
    I couldn't get the translation button to work either.:(
    I'm not too worried about the size, as it would mostly be used solo.

MTN
    BPL Member

@madscot

Locale: PNW

you get an okay translation if you search for it on Google and then click the translate link on the search hit list. I searched for Eindrücke: Exped Polaris and it worked

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Thanks for that. It 'sort of' translated it. :)

Donald Browning
    BPL Member

@docdb

Locale: SE USA

I'm a gear nut, and frequently buy, use awhile and sell. I sold the Polaris. I had trouble feeding the poles through the sleeves. The single wall material was excellent and I felt the tent was roomy.

Polaris on Big From Mt in TN

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Hi Donald.
    Did you ever use it in very high winds? How easy to set up in high winds, and how stable?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools