Topic

3 Days in the Berkshires @ 6 months prego

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 3 Days in the Berkshires @ 6 months prego

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nate Davis
    BPL Member

@knaight

Locale: Western Massachusetts

We haven't been able to find much info on the net about ultralight backpacking with a family, so my wife and I decided to start a blog about the very subject and just kind of learn as we go.

We finally got around to posting a trip report about an awesome and easy trip we took in April when she was six months pregnant. Over three days, we hiked a leisurely 9 miles in the Berkshires on the AT. Had some great views and stayed at our favorite shelter to date. Best of all, we found a hike that's perfect for families and we intend to revisit it regularly.

Hopefully we'll be posting a lot more now that our son Evan is born!

By the way, if anyone does know of some good sources for ultralight backpacking with kids, please point us toward them! Aside from a few great threads on this site, I haven't seen much.

thanks!

-Nate

here's the link to the blog: http://www.familyultralight.com

Erin McKittrick
    BPL Member

@mckittre

Locale: Seldovia, Alaska

We don't have a whole lot of how-to stuff up on our blog/site at this point (more essays and trip reports), but my family does similar things. Just got back from a month-long arctic trek with our 19 month old and at 5-6 months pregnant. http://www.groundtruthtrekking.org/blog/

With a packraft, and 9 days food, and being photo geeks, the final number doesn't end up being ultralight, but the lightness of the actual gear is very important!

I'll put this comment on your blog as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools