Topic

GoLite Outerwear | Apparel | Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite Outerwear | Apparel | Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Unknown abc

@edude

GoLite Outerwear | Apparel | Gear, On Sale @ The Clymb!

The Clymb (free registration) is a place where high-end gear and apparel is sold at deep discounts to members for limited time frames. This sale ends in 2 Days, 23 Hours, 37 Minutes.

If you sign up via this link, (http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/EvanSzakacs), I'll get credit towards my next gear purchase for inviting you. Thanks so much! -Evan

Unknown abc

@edude

Just saw that the GoLite Peak Pack is only $70 @ The Clymb… Link in above post.

-Evan

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

they also have sleeping bags and a quilt

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

what are the thoughts on this quilt? I'm looking to replace my generic synthetic mummy bag I have with some thing light and a better temp rating.

thanks!

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Steven, Check out the "Readers Review' on this site. The bag scores a 4.5 out of 5. For the price I see you can't go wrong….their price is cheap. It's a pretty good bag. I own one and I find it to be more around a 25 – 30 degree bag….not a 20. However, I will say I sleep very cold.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

The current 3-season quilt is a lot different than the one that has reviews on this site. I don't think anyone has tried the current model as it is quite a bit heavier.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

well, it's 5oz heavier than the old model, but apparently more close to the actual rated temp than the old model. But it's also $150, which is quite a good price, even if it weighs a few oz more than the older model, or what I see JrB has for similar quilts. Plus, I have some credit with them, making it a bit better of a deal.

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Locale: Pacific Northwest

steven,
    i've used the old Ultra20 golite quilt for 2 years and love it. While the new one is 5 oz heavier than the old one almost 3 oz of that weight comes in more down (10.86 oz old, 13.5 oz new). at $150 that is an awesome deal

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

I purchased, thanks for the info all!

Bryan Crook

@bcrook007

Locale: Nebraska

Evan, thanks for the invite to this. Just ordered my 3 season down quilt at a much better price that I have seen anywhere else. Appreciate the offer.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Well, the price convinced me to get one and try sleeping with a quilt. I figure that if it doesn't work for me, I can just put it up for sale here.

Any great tips for using a quilt? I am a side sleeper, 5'8", 160 lbs, so I don't think the girth should be a problem based on what I've read. I do tend to alternate between back and one side or the other when backpacking. I use a Thermarest 3/4 length pad, and mostly backpack in the Sierra Nevada.

Thanks for the lead on the good deal! (hey, "deal" is just "lead" spelled backwards…)

Clint N.
    Spectator

@cnewitt

Locale: Utah

Evan, thanks for the heads up on this deal. I've wanted to try a quilt for some time but have been intimidated by the prices from Nunatak and others, especially to experiment. $159 is too good to pass up. Sorry I couldn't help you out by signing up using your link, I am already a clymb member.

Unknown abc

@edude

Hey guys, I'm glad to see you getting such awesome steals on gear!

There is only 1 Day, 17 Hours, and 19 minutes until the sale is over. Here's the link to blazing hot deals: http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/EvanSzakacs

Could someone comment on the RS 3-Season Vario semi-rectangular-Reg for me?

Thanks, -Evan

Unknown abc

@edude

GoLite event ends in: 21 Hours, 13 minutes

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

The quilts are awesome. Its the only thing I have slept in over the last 3 years. The new ones are heavier but, like mentioned it just has more down in it.

I am a 'roll around' sleeper so I made an adjustment to mine; I cut off the straps on the top one completely and replaced the straps on the bottom one with bungie parachute cord so it flexes with me when I move instead of the permanent position the straps give you.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

So do you just put the straps (or parachute cord, in Peter's case) under the sleep pad? When you roll around or over, does it pretty much stay in place? Maybe this will all become clear to me in practice, but right now I'm not sure exactly how this will work.

Unknown abc

@edude

GoLite sale ends in 2 Hours, 7 minutes
    http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/EvanSzakacs

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Thanks for the heads up. I got a quilt for a friend.

Unknown abc

@edude

GoLite Sale ends in 19mins!

Unknown abc

@edude

The Clymb says: "GOLITE Event ends SEP 13 9 AM PST." they must have not sold out yet… so they still have stuff. wow

http://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/EvanSzakacs

Jason Lee

@jasonthelee

Appreciate the original link Evan but really there's no need to post multiple reminders of how much time's left.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools