Topic

Colorado Cross-Country Travel Routes?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Colorado Cross-Country Travel Routes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jared Blank

@jblank4

Locale: Rockies

Labor Day is rolling around here soon. I was looking to see if any of the colorado folks knew of any off trail routes within a 2 hour radius from denver or so. I am only have the oppurtunity for a long overnighter, but wouldn't mind some off trail travel to beat the crowds. I am looking for the 20 mile range routes I apperciate the comments

Thanks
    Jay

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

There are a couple of nice loop hikes in the Lost Creek Wilderness. Don't try to go off trail in the eastern half of that area though. Until you've seen it you won't believe how hard it can be to go cross country there.

If you want to get off trail on the western end you could hike up the Ben Taylor trail to the crest of the Kenosha Mountains than go cross country. There isn't a trail along the crest but I've heard its not a hard crosscountry route. Summitpost.org has a guide to it. Its called the "Alphabatizer" route.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools