Topic

first trip in nine months

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion first trip in nine months

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

heading out tomorrow morning for an overnighter – not sure where i'm going, but with the nice weather, i'm going to forgo a tent and just bring the bivy and the 55 degree bag. this will be the lightest pack i've carried.

so the question now becomes, where do i go that is only a few hours drive from Baltimore…

tommy d

@vinovampire

Wow! That's exciting. It should be great to get back out in the woods again. Sometimes I forget how spoiled we are in Vermont, there are so many options that are all so close.

I don't know your area at all, but after nine months I'd go just about anywhere. You're not too far from the AT are you?

Enjoy!

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

i'm not far from the AT at all. i haven't been up in PA in years, i might head up there. nine months ago was my first trip in 2 years! of course i'm in trouble at home for springing the idea with zero notice :)

tommy d

@vinovampire

That's great! I hope you get some good weather this weekend. I've never been hiking down in that area, but I hope to get there some day.

Also, you may be in a bit of trouble at home right now, but the shorter the the notice, the shorter the time you're be in trouble for… at least before the trip.

I'm pretty lucky on that account. My GF is really into hiking and backpacking. She's working this weekend, so I may be stealing a few toys from her pack when I go out for a quick overnighter tomorrow. At least around here it's looking like a great weekend for a camping trip!

Have fun!

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

the official NOAA forecast:

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 88. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 56. Light southeast wind.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 94. Light southwest wind.

i can deal with the 94 degrees, it's low humidity and mostly down hill!

we have two boys , the youngest is almost 3. a little friction there, but she'd rather i go backpacking then go to a nightclub which is what i was going to do (used to to be a rave dj back in the day and a killer party is going on this weekend).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools