Topic

Trip pix: PCT south from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip pix: PCT south from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vineet Buch

@vineetbuch

Just finished (July 22-25) a 3-day+2-hour fast and light PCT backpack from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne Meadows. 71 mi, 13,600′ of climbing (and 14,700′ of descent!). Trip pix are at http://vineetbuch.slide.com/p/0/PCT+from+Sonora+Pass+to+Tuolumne+Meadows

Mouse-over for captions.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Thank you for sharing your photos. I plan on doing the same trip over the Labor Day weekend. What do you think the snow conditions will be like? Did you use crampons or an ice ax for your trip? Was the trail in good shape and easy to follow?

Bernard Shaw

@be_here_nowearthlink-net

Locale: Upstate New York

Yes, help with the snow condtions, especially Glen, Pinchot, Mather, Muir Passes.

thanks,
    Evan

i am hiking from Onion Vallley to Piute Pass Bishop August 4th!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

All of those passes do not lie between Sonora and Yosemite. I was up near SEKI two weeks ago and their still is a lot of snow up there. Can’t comment on all of those passes though Bernard.

Vineet Buch

@vineetbuch

There was snow for the first 6 miles south of Sonora Pass on 7/22, but I was able to negotiate it wearing trail runners, and without crampons, ice-axe or poles. By Labor Day the snow should be long gone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools