Topic

Tent pole repair sleeve as TP roller

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Tent pole repair sleeve as TP roller

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Narendra

@jjnarendra

Locale: Midwest

Probably most of you don't carry the tent pole sleeve repair. But I always carry it with me. Since its use is only during emergency, I found out that it's a useless weight if it's not being used from time to time. So before every trip I rolled sheets of toilet paper as needed on the outside of the tent pole sleeve repair. Just like when I roll duct tape on my Aquafina water bottle. If you find a small twig, which most of the time you do when you collect firewood, you can use it as the TP holder. It's pretty useful to keep the TP from blowing away if it's windy.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I'd guess it would also work well as a duct tape holder as well.

John Julyan-Gudgeon

@cyanide

Locale: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

Having snapped hiking poles in the past, I keep a small section of the broken pole, in order to repair the next broken pole. Inside it I have a section of aluminum tent pole, as well as my sewing kit inside there, and duct-tape and metal wire wrapped around the outside.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools