Topic

Aconcagua Photo Essay and Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Aconcagua Photo Essay and Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Buzz Burrell
    Spectator

@bbolder

Again, no argument Bob, just offering another perspective, and suggesting people review newer medical knowledge of the acclimatization process, a full citation of which is beyond my scope in this discussion.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Buzz, I was hoping that you had some references to share on this newer medical knowledge. We understand Houston and Hornbein and all of that, but newer stuff would be good.

–B.G.–

Kristin Tennessen
    BPL Member

@ktenness

Locale: Bay Area

I love love love reading about your summit excursions! What's next on your list- Elbrus? I had lunch at the base last week and it's a beautiful mountain.

Michael Richey
    BPL Member

@beaverboymike

Locale: Southern Utah

2) It takes 19 days to make a red blood cell.

Real answer: Roughly 7 days to make a red blood cell.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_blood_cell#Artificially_grown_red_blood_cells

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information, that why you cant use it for post secondary research. Anyone can put anything down and who can really dispute it then. also that's artificially grown in a lab from a stem cell. That's now how the human body creates red blood cells.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools