Topic

GoLite Tumalo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) GoLite Tumalo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Hull

@compatriot

Has anyone had any experience with the GoLite Tumalo shell? I'm looking for a new set of raingear, and at <10oz and about $100 at REI, this jacket looks like it might be a good buy. Are there any other jackets I should consider? I know eVent jackets are probably ideal, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to fork over $200+ for a rain shell just yet.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I've been very happy with my Marmot Essence. The medium weighs 6.5 ounces and it seems to be very breathable. I just got back from a trip in Glacier NP where it rained almost every day. Temps ranged from the 50s to low 80's, and I was always comfortable in it. Supposedly, Marmot's rainwear material is very comparable to eVent in terms of breathability.

Rakesh Malik

@tamerlin

Locale: Cascadia

I just received one as a prize in GoLite's drawing… but it's been 90 degrees and sunny since it arrived, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I'll take it on my next camping trips to use as my rain shell, and since one of them might be at Mt. Rainier, there's a good chance of encountering rain. Odds are I'll get to test it out before the end of September…. :)

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

I got the jacket and pants. The material is interesting, if it is too warm it will stick to your skin thus definitely something to wear when it is cooler and raining (happily those two conditions are not mutually exclusive =); or wear with a long johns underneath the pants (I wore the pants on a warm sumer day on which I expected it to rain, hence they "sticky situation").

Other than a nice jacket. The zips help to vent well, it breaths also very well and it keeps you dry. For the price you can get it, you can't do anything wrong, me thinks.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Yeah, it is a pretty good jacket. Good price at $100 or less and the XXL fits my tall frame pretty good with plenty of length in the body. The XXL only weighs 11oz so I am quite happy.

Piotr Antkowiak

@piotr_antkowiak

Locale: Poland

I have been using Tumalo pants for whole 3 weeks daily with just running shorts below and I can say they were very pleasant and not sticky. I was worried about their breathailty but they worked fine. The conditions were 5-13 C, very rainy, foggy and windy (Iceland). We were crossing lot of rivers every day and the pants were always dry. After this trip I bought the jacket. Jacket has to wait for the test.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools