Topic

Sherpa Pangboche Down Sweater Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Sherpa Pangboche Down Sweater Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Companion forum thread to:

Sherpa Pangboche Down Sweater Review

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

The Sherpa down jacket looks and tests a lot like the Eddie Bauer First Ascent Down Sweater. The Sherpa's weight is 1.5 oz. heavier than the Bauer jacket, a small amount for most folks.

But since I got a screaming deal on the First Ascent I'm very happy with it. Seems a down sweater/light jacket is almost a must for lightweight backpacking in the mountains or for spring and fall most places.

BTW, after reading in Will's review of the Bauer First Ascent jacket wetting out I sprayed BOTH the inside and outside of my down sweater with Revivex DWR. In my experience Revivex DWR is even more water resistant than the very good Techtron DWR spray.

I sprayed did the inside so condensed perspiration would be less likely to soak into the down. But hopefully I won't let myself get all lathered up while wearing it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools