Topic

Cuben Fiber Tarps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Cuben Fiber Tarps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day you can finally purchase one of my long awaited 100% bonded cuben fiber tarps. They will be sold at my website Mountainfitter.com using my new paklight brand.

I will be offering the tarps in a few different sizes. A 7'x9' for $259 and a 9'x9' for $279 They weigh 6.55oz and 7.65oz.

These tarps were designed for people looking for alot of coverage and like the versatility of a flat tarp. When you compare our prices and square footage to other companies tarps, our tarps give you the most bang for your buck.

I have some tarps in stock but once those are gone the tarps will be built to order so reserve yours today. Email me for more details exact ship dates.

Thanks,
    Lawson

paklight

9'x9'
    tarp

tarp 2

9'x9'

9'x9' 5

9x9 drawing

Solo
    solo

solo 2

solo drawing

Coming Soon
    mid

mid 1

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Great stuff Lawson. Looking good ^_^ !

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Lawson,

Your tarps are outstanding in your field. That is your field right? :-)

Seriously the tight pitch and the taut ridgeline of your flat tarps are OUTSTANDING!

Good luck with your new Paklight brand.

When do your new stakes and guylines hit the website?

Party On,

Newton

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Nice looking tarps.

A suggestion … it might help prospective buyers if you list the dimensions of the solo.

Jang-Tian Shieh(Syoten)
    BPL Member

@syoten

Locale: Taiwan

Nice tarps!

BTW, when will your hammock be available?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I'm happy to attest to the quality workmanship on Lawson's tarps. The one he made for me is very well made and perfect for what I wanted.

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I've got my eye on that 2 person mid….it looks like it can be pitched with 2 trekking poles, yes?

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Dan,

Thanks!

John,

Thats actually a spot near my house where the Florida Trail goes through. The photos were taken about 50' from the FT.

I am working on adding all the products this week.

Jim,

The solo is 8.5' long and 62" at the front and 42" at the rear. Per your suggestion I will add some more photos and specs right now.

Jang-Tian Shieh,

Not anytime soon. I am not sure if you ever saw the post but one of the cuben hammocks failed in the field. A materials engineered recommended using a stronger cuben but given the weight it would be equal to the Grand Trunk Nano 7.

Doug,

I am glad your tarp has met your needs. Thanks for the kind words!

Steve,

Yep its setup with two trekking poles. I am shooting for an Oct 1 release date and it will have an optional floor and nest. It's hard to tell from the photos but it has a chimney vent on each end. Let me see if I have another photo.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

@Lawson – looks great!

Any idea on the intro price of the 2 person 'mid?

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

My goal is $350 for the shelter. I am trying to build it for 4 season use while keeping with the CT2K.08 material. The shelter in the photo has been set up for a few weeks now but due to my location its just getting alot of sun, rain and mild wind. I would like to test it on the top of an exposed ridge for a month. Just leave it there and see what happens. Anyone live close to Mt. Washington?

Cheers,
    Lawson

Hammock Hanger
    BPL Member

@travelpro

Great looking tarps.

Hope you keep working on the hammock…that would be truly awesome.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

That supposedly new variation of cuben that uses the same membrane as CT2K.08 but with more spectra might be a good option for the hammock. I think it's CT3.5K.08. I think there's some mention of it in the cuben tensometer tread in the MYOG section.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Dan,

The CT3.5K is the stuff I use in my drybags and it is much more burly but I still think there might be a better alternative : )

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Well I'll keep an eye open for whatever you come up with. I'm mulling over trying hammock camping…probably for next season.

Jang-Tian Shieh(Syoten)
    BPL Member

@syoten

Locale: Taiwan

I missed your previous post.
    So sad. It was such a beautiful hammock.
    Good luck to manufacturing business!
    I'm alwayed exited to see your innovative products~

Jangtian

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

7'x9' model is now on sale.

Mountainfitter paklight cuben fiber ctf3 7'x9' tarp

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools