Topic

140 Mile Colorado Loop Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 140 Mile Colorado Loop Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Burke

@burkest

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness

I have posted a gear list for my upcoming hike in Colorado. I will be doing a loop hike that roughly circumnavigates summit county. I will connect sections of the colorado trail and continental divide trail. I have not received the TiGoat poles so the weight is from their website. My sleeping pad is a little on the heavy side, but on previous trips I have taken foam pads and have suffered from poor sleep. I have a spot messenger that I am thinking about taking but have not decided yet so I have left it off the list.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

The weight of your pad does stand out, but I agree with you 100%. I carry a NeoAir and I know there's lighter, but I like my comfort. The same goes with my pack. I know my 2.7 lb Osprey EXOS is not exactly light, but I don't even notice it on my back…by far the best I've used and worth it!

Chris Gray
    Spectator

@chrisfol

Locale: Denver, Coloado

-Clothing stuff sack. Nix. Save 0.3oz
    -You have 3.5L of water capacity. In the Rockies, I would argue for no more than 2L.
    – You have a lot of stuff sacks (clothing, foot scare, small item, water treatment etc) Can you not combine?

-Nix the 1x darn tough socks
    -Nix bugnet– is it needed later summer at altitude?
    -Nix altimeter– compass is far lighter

Sleeping is a luxury for you.
    -Trade the pad
    -Sitpad
    -Pillow
    and save 1lb

-nix fuel cup and just mark the fuel bottle

-nix batteries
    -nix cell phone

-nix pack towel (use bandana)
    -nix trowel (use rock)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools