Topic

New Korean Trail Guide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kendall Willets

@kwillets

Locale: San Francisco

I'm not sure how many people here are interested in hiking in Korea, although a search did find a few members who hail from there. I visit the country roughly once a year and I've managed to do a number of day hikes in the popular areas.

Now, just as I'm getting back into backpacking (in the US), someone has come out with an English-language guide to Korea's Baekdu-Daegan trekking route:

http://chrisinsouthkorea.blogspot.com/2010/07/book-review-baekdudaegan-trail-hiking.html

I've been reading through my copy, and it does look solid. There's a tremendous amount of information about landmarks, temples, hiking huts, inns, water stops, and every road or bus line that crosses the trail.

Before this it had never occurred to me to do multi-day hikes there, but as I think about it it seems like a great idea.

I'm curious if anyone else has thought about this. My next trip over I'm thinking of taking a few days to hike a section of the trail.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools