Topic

bug protection and flat tarp pitches

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear bug protection and flat tarp pitches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I'm working on a 10' x 10' cuben tarp, and I chose a flat design because I like the pitching versatility. However, bug netting is essential in some of the areas I visit.

I'd like to find a way to achieve bug protection in a variety of pitching configurations (from "low tetra" to A-frame to wide-open awning-style pitches). Does anyone know of a way to make pitching versatility and bug protection compatible without just attaching thirteen yards of netting around the entire periphery (maybe a single, long piece of netting could be attached to the tarp at velcro tabs and moved around to suit the pitch)?

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Just a separate bug bivy or netting tent.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

A separate inner tent is a good idea, and it would be an effective solution, but I'd like to have a bit more space (it is for two people) when fair weather allows a roomy pitch. This is why I'd been considering attaching the netting to the edges of the tarp.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools