Topic

Which Lures? Holy Cross Wilderness, CO

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Which Lures? Holy Cross Wilderness, CO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I'm taking a week-long hike in the Cross Creek area starting the end of this month. Will have my handy gofastandlight spinning setup and hope to catch a few trout!

I plan on bringing 1/16 & 1/8 oz Rooster tails (I have white, a yellow, and a green w/fluorescent orange stripe), some small spoons, and flies w/clear float. Perhaps 10 total lures.

What weight, color, brand, etc lures (including the above) should be best for the first week of Sept? I'm not fortunate enough to have these fish in FL.

Thanks for your help!
    Todd

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

One of my go-to lures that I always bring with me is a Mepps black fury. They come in different sizes, but I usually get the smaller kind if I am backpacking into small alpine lakes and streams. I also make my own lures that I really like to use.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools