Topic

Ultra Light Fly Fishing Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Ultra Light Fly Fishing Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

For those interested, I have designed an ultra light pack for fly fishing that weighs less than one ounce. Here's a video of it. I'd appreciate feedback on the design: http://www.backpackflyfishing.com/store/index.php/the-trico-ultra-light-fly-fishing-pack.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice! Looks like you put a lot of thought into the functionality of your ultra light backpacker/fly fisher and still maintained a low weight of 0.8oz.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

jason look nice. what is the weight, .8 oz isn't 55 grams. .8 is something like 23 grams and 55 grams is somewhere near 1.9 oz. darn gram counters.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Great job Jason, I have just been using a Gossamer Gear large hip belt pocket, but you have added some of the things that I needed but didn't have.
    Also looks very well made.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Doh! Thanks James. I've corrected it.

James Wyrwicki
    BPL Member

@jim1233988

i'm glad it was the lighter of the two. now i'm interested!!! well i was interested before just wanted some clarification. thank you for the quick response.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Hi James,
    Yep, sorry about that. For a gear fanatic, I'm terrible with the metric system. :(

Jim Garvey

@sierrajim

Locale: Southern California

Hi Jason,

Could you please let me know how I can purchase one of your Trico Packs, Backpack Fly fishing seems to be off line.

Thanks, Jim [email protected]

Kai Larson

@kaipl

This link says they are not available.

http://www.tenkarabum.com/trico-fly-fishing-pack.html

It's too bad, as they are really nice little packs. (glad I got mine when I did.)

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Kai and Jim,

I'm redesigning the Trico and so it won't be available until the new design is finalized. I will announce it on my blog http://www.tenkaratalk.com. Or, if you email me, I will put you on the waiting list and email you when they're ready. [email protected]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools