Topic

Folding Steamer Tray Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Folding Steamer Tray Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Donald

@blazinator

I was in Big Lots today and saw one of these:

http://www.fantes.com/images/6096steamers.jpg

Having seen a few wood burning stoves online before but never used one, I decided to try and use this little contraption as a wood burning stove. After some trial and error, and drilling out a couple of holes along the bottom, I was able to bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil in 9 minutes, 27 seconds. I did it by opening it all the way, starting a small fire, and then folding the sides in until my pot could sit on top. The obvious issue with this is that you must remove the pot in order to add more fuel. Also, the pot restricted the air flow enough to put the fire out if I was not very careful. However, it did work. I will definitely be sticking with alcohol stoves. For only $5, it was a fun experiment though. =D

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Making wood burners are just as addictive as alcohol stoves.

The steamer was a good choice for a wood burner;=)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools