Topic

Stalked, How do I remove Real Name?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Stalked, How do I remove Real Name?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    R Jenkie

@stovestomper

Locale: NJ

A stalker from another forum is using my BPL profile to harass me.

Is their anyway to remove my Real Name info and any pictures?

Thanks

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Go to My Account, Change My Billing Address, and put whatever you want under your Primary address (and name) and that will change what the public can see. Leave you real name and address under the mailing section and you'll get your packages. As far as how you can remove pictures, perhaps you can go into the post where you posted them and edit them out. I agree though, this is a poor function of the BPL forums as real names should definitely be an option without gaming the system to avoid it.

R Jenkie

@stovestomper

Locale: NJ

Thanks!

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

This is something I really hate about BPL; it's hard enough to preserve privacy on the internet when not using your real name!

I hadn't realized that I didn't have to change the billing address back when ordering something; that's good to know, Jolly Green Giant!

It's also a good idea occasionally to google both your real name and your email address, just to make sure you haven't let something slip!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools