Topic

Opinions on the Marmot Arroyo?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Opinions on the Marmot Arroyo?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Does anyone own this bag that can give an opinion on it? My friend just got a Pinnacle, so he's offering his Arroyo to me for $140, and I am in need of a sleeping bag right now that is 20-30 degrees and around that price. I really like that it has 800 fill, but a little worried about the accuracy of the temp rating. This bag will only be used for my trips from april-october.

Thanks

Anthony Green

@antgreen

Locale: Reading - UK

I have this bag – it's great for me.

I'm in the UK, so I really need a good 20-30 degree bag and this is it for me.

Mine is a few years old, it's black and turquoise, the tag describes it as 775 fill, and on my scales it weighs 850 grams. I don't think it has leaked at all.

The first few times the girlfriend camped with me, she used it, as it was much warmer then her bag, and she said it felt quite luxurious!!

I find some bags sweaty, but not this one – packs down really small, and when not in use it lies on the spare bed, and lofts nicely.

Great fit, I'm 6'/ 200lbs. I pair it with a 3 Oz light blue CCF mat but may get a neo air or similar at some point.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

my wife has the arroyo and she sleeps a little on the cold side and has slept comfortably in it to freezing

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Alright thanks guys, hopefully I can still convince him to sell it to me, looks like a good bag.

Peter Craumer
    BPL Member

@craumerp

I consider myself an average sleeper, and have taken mine down to 10 degrees F while wearing all of my insulation layers (one of the coldest nights of my life). Normally, though, wearing just a base layer, I consider it to be a 35-40 degree bag.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools