Topic

some pics I’ve taken this year

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery some pics I’ve taken this year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stuart shahan

@phatmanforya

these first three where taken on a trip to San Gorgonio up the fish creek trail in june. be patiant this is my first time posting pics.San  gorgonio 1
    that is Gorgonio on june tenth 06 about 4 miles up the trailfish creek landscape
    this is just one of the great views along the way.tree at sunset
    when the sun set every thing turned this bright orange for about tweenty minuts.

These next two were from anonther trip to Gorgonio but these were off the Vivian creek trail.high creek water
    this was taken about 100 yards before high creek camp.lady bugs
    there were hundereds of these lady bug there. does anyone know why that do this.

any way let me know what you think i just started doing the whole photo thing.

Laurence Daniels
    BPL Member

@gnr

Locale: Boston

Thanks for posting the pictures…no idea about the Ladybugs!

Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

Stuart,

The Ladybird picture looks like it might show the ’10-spot’ ‘Adalia 10 punctata’ Ladybird.

They tend to hibernate together in huge numbers under bark etc. Can’t tell from the picture whether they were all moving or not?

They are normally active say from March through to October but especially the warmer months, so hiberation might not be the explanation in this case.

stuart shahan

@phatmanforya

ya they were moving so probibly not hibernation. the only thing i could think of is there was some type of food stockpile they were all after. btw, what’s a good way to resize pics, these turned out bad

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

one word—- ORGY

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

Im with Bob on that one, great pics above it. I've just discovered this section, the Canyonlands one looks amazing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools