Topic

need help with making tent tie-out points

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear need help with making tent tie-out points

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sam Minnich

@samuraiprecision

I'm currently working on a rather large single wall Tunnel tent, and am in need of input for the tie-out points. The poles fit into sleeves that are sewn into the shell of the tent. Material is 1.1 silnylon. I would like to make 3 or 4 tie out points for each of the poles, and probably a few other tie outs on the shell, probably bonded on. Suggestions and tips or links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

-Sam

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Some thoughts and experience here:
    http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/DIY_RNCTents.htm

Cheers

Sam Minnich

@samuraiprecision

Thanks for the link, there's an incredible amount of information on there! I haven't been able to find an explanation of the tieouts, though. I can see that they are triangles of silnylon, but how do you attach the guy line to it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools