Topic

Previewing previously uploaded pictures

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Previewing previously uploaded pictures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Is it possible to add a feature where we can preview pictures we've already uploaded? It would make it much easier finding the picture I want, especially since most photos seem to have a generic name like 4568.jpg, even though I've named them when I uploaded them the first time.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

We keep the forum code really really simple, so if it's a "Preview" button you're looking for while posting photos to a forum thread, I'm not sure that's going to happen soon. It's a great idea, I just don't know when we'd be able to implement it with a design change (I'm not that html-savvy).

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Thanks Addie.

However, I was actually wondering about the photos we've already uploaded in the past. So, when you click on the "insert image at cursor" button and the upload screen appears, you have a "Select a Previously Uploaded Image to Use." Its THESE photos that I'd like to have a preview of (as well as what you described with previewing regular photos before you post them to a thread.)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Yeah, it's a problem.

These days I always give the pic a name like '1234 Camp site by Big Creek', where 1234 is the image number in my own files and the text tells me what it is about quickly. Works moderately well for me.

Cheers

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

That's a good idea to coordinate file names. Though, even when I've renamed them something I can remember, many of the photos still come up as "4567.jpg" without my description.

Since I'm not up and up on creating webpages, here's another question: If I upload a photo, post it, then delete the photo from my harddrive, will that photo be available for the "previously uploaded pictures?" In other words, does the BPL server store a copy of that image to reuse, or must it be on my harddrive as well?

Thanks to you both for your help.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"In other words, does the BPL server store a copy of that image to reuse…"

Yes.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Thanks Greg.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools