Topic

Best source for Montbell? Acme Climbing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best source for Montbell? Acme Climbing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Will Webster

@willweb

I've about decided to buy a Montbell Thermal Sheet to get me through the sticky season here in the mid-Atlantic, and as extra warmth with my WM Summerlite come cooler weather. It doesn't seem to be carried anywhere that I've dealt with before. Acme Climbing has it for $20 off list; has anyone dealt with them?

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I bought a Thermawrap Jacket from Mountain Goat Outfitters in 2005, which I think is the same as Acme Climbing. I know that was a long time ago, but I had no complaints.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

From personal experience, I can recommend prolitegear.com.

Great CS, price matching, and good return policy.

Paul Burke

@elpeebee

Locale: Too far south of the Pyrenees

Definitely ProliteGear or Backcountry.com. But Montbell's site itself has good web specials that are worth looking at.

Will Webster

@willweb

Thanks. Unfortunately Montbell's on-line ordering system has been temporarily off-line for months now, and Backcountry.com doesn't list the Thermal Sheet. I've sent a price match inquiry to prolitegear.

Paul Burke

@elpeebee

Locale: Too far south of the Pyrenees

But can't you just call and order from MB by phone? I haven't tried it, but I thought that's what the site said…

Will Webster

@willweb

Well, I remember something about printing a form and faxing it to them. Maybe there was something about calling also; I'm not sure now. I definitely didn't see a web special.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Will:

All the info — phone number, etc. — are on their website. It's not that hard.

As for Web Specials — those are "hit or miss" affairs. Worth looking into from time to time — most items thrown onto the "Special" pages are discontinued models — which can be a good buy sometimes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools