Topic

Momentum Source

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Momentum Source

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Does anyone know where to get .9 oz ripstop (Momentum) fabric at this time? I don't like the 2 colors that ThruHiker has in stock.

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

extremtextil.de has some Pertex Quantum, light gray I think.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Titanium Goat also carries it

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Ti Goat doesn't carry the trademark "Momentum" fabric. The only two places that sell "Momentum" are Thru-hiker and MLD. They do however sell a strikingly similar product that does not carry the "Momentum" name.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Brad – You are absolutely correct, my bad. As an FYI I believe that OWF is also carrying or will be carrying another "strikingly similar" product. If I remember right there was a discussion on this awhile back and I believe Tim Marshall was doing some testing on the OWF product. I will see if I can find the link…..

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I've emailed OWF a few times and never have heard back. I just sent Ti-Goat one about their "Intrepid". I suppose I could ask AYCE at TH if he is going to get restocked on other colors, although he has been out of Spinntex for quite a while and the side forum has been really inactive. Not sure what's up, but figured someone here would have the scoop!

>> Bender <<
    BPL Member

@bender

Locale: NEO

FYI OWF has .9 taffeta in stock and .9 ripstop on the way.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

I am using the OWF .9 taff and find it to be something i can use 1 to 1 with m90 and i choose which ever one saves me money when it is time to order. If i am buying down from TH the quilt kit saves me over getting down then the .9 from OWF. If i get down someplace else or just need the fabric i go owf.

I also go owf if i can order 20yds to save on the rest of my order. For me it is all about the $$ since i think the quality is on par.

-Tim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools