Topic

Test

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

As a newbie ultralighter I am wondering what folks are doing for pillows. I find a good pillow is more critical to my sleep than almost anything so what do you all do for this? Not much room in a 3.5 oz G-6 pack!

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I have a change of clothes in a stuff sack in my pack anyhow. Use that or if you’re wearing those clothes and drying the others, try a jacket and some socks in the stuff sack too.

Dane Burke

@dane

Locale: Western Washington

I feel the same, a good pillow can make your nights much more restful. It seems like traditionally people just put their fleece jacket in a stuff sack and use that…but I like to wear my clothes to bed. I have been using a camelbak bladder lately but it is kind of narrow so it takes effort to keep your head on it. I’ve been thinking about simply piling up some dirt and duff under the head end of my bivy sack and using that as a pillow, but we’ll see how well that works. In the book Beyond Backpacking there are directions in the back for making a stuff sack that you can supposedly blow up “like a beach ball”, so maybe if it were the right dimensions it could work double duty as a waterproof sleeping bag stuff sack and pillow.

John McLuckie
    BPL Member

@j-mcluckie

Locale: SE Atlantic Coast

I use either a stuff sack or the detachable top pocket of my pack; padded with clothes.

Patrick Baker

@wildman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools