Topic

Camera Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Camera Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

I am new to do it yourself gear, having just made and used my first supercat stove.
    I’m buying a new camera, and I’m not impressed with the cases they come with, so I was thinking of making my own out of tyvek, bubblewrap, and duct tape, but I am open to suggestions.
    To say sewing isn’t my strong suite would be like saying desert navigation isn’t a polar bears strong suite, so I would like to stick to tape or glue solutions.
    Waterproof would be cool, but might make getting to the camera harder.
    Suggestions?

Peter McDonough
    Spectator

@crazypete

Locale: Above the Divided Line

Use a ziplock…and don’t drop the camera….(ultralight isnt for the weak :) )

And for everyday use, go to walmart and buy a $5 case.

Ultralight, basically waterproof, and cheaper and easier than a homemade case

Jay Ham

@jham

Locale: Southwest

zip lock (aloksak) lined with bubble wrap. You could use double sided tape to adhere the bubble wrap to inside of the aloksak.

Jay
    MYOG

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Camera size, shape and weight all come into play in what might work. Can you elaborate on what camera you’re considering? Also, do you want to keep it at hand on the trail, or is it going into your pack?

Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

alright, here is what I am working with. Camera is a Canon S3 IS that arives tomorrow (friday). Somewhere in size between an slr and a point and shoot (I call it an ultralight slr).
    I have an old Ultimate Directions pack with hipbelt pockets like ULA that I use, and I think it will fit in one of those, but I want to consider other options, keeping it easily accessable.
    I was also thinking of something that would attatch to the sternum strap a la golite team pouch, but big enough for the camera.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools