Topic

options for granite gear virga internal frame

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) options for granite gear virga internal frame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

i carry a neoair, but need something for an internal frame on my granite gear virga. any suggestions? was looking at gossomer's sitpad and the nightlite torso…anyone know if i would be more comfortable with the nightlite torso against my back or if that would take up too much room and not worth the 3x weight of the sitpad?

thanks in advance

Stephen Adams
    BPL Member

@stevemkedcom

Locale: Northwest

I had the same dilemma with the Virga when I upgraded to the Neo air. I tried one trip with out a rolled up pad. It worked OK but found the Virga to be way to big for all my ultralight stuff. so I have switched to a much smaller modified Golite Ion which fits all my stuff perfectly. Just have to make sure no hard objects against my back. I know that does not answer your question but I thought I would share what I decided to do.

Philip Maynard
    Spectator

@autoxfil

I too use a NeoAir and Virga. I cut up a Reg z-lite (14 panel) into an "xs" and "xxx" sections of 6 and 8 panels. At 1 oz per panel I carry the 8 panel section when going UL, and the 6+ NeoAir when looking for comfort or in winter/alpine conditions. It carries quite well.

I also picked up the $6 Wal Mart blue pad. It is 12oz and carries very well when used as a tube around all my gear. It doesn't sleep as well as te z-lite.

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I just finished modifying my Virga. I sewed a silnylon pad sleeve inside and cut a section of Walmart blue foam to fit inside it. I trimmed about 8" off the expansion sleeve and cut all the webbing to a length that suited me. It's a lot more usable now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools