Topic

MYOG Contour Pillow Case

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG Contour Pillow Case

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer W
    BPL Member

@tothetrail

Locale: So. Cal.

2.29 oz. (65g)

I love my contour pillow at home and haven't had any luck in finding a suitable backpacking version.

I traced the contour pillow on some thin cotton corduroy fabric and sewed a pillow case. It's about 17" wide, 16" deep, about 5-1/2" tall in the front and 4" tall in the back.

It's stuffed with my down sweater and the rest of my non-sleeping clothes–so comfortable.

I'm still searching for a lighter cotton fabric.

I could probably use it as a stuff sack somehow, but it's really just a one-use item.

Weight

Bottom

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Thats a great idea. I've never use a contour pillow before but maybe thats what I need to do. Its just in the summer I don't carry enough items to stuff in it.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

+1 Andy. I rarely have extra clothing in any season.

Jennifer W
    BPL Member

@tothetrail

Locale: So. Cal.

Ya, I could have made it smaller, but since it's primarily for the John Muir Trail this summer, I will have some additional soft pieces to stuff inside.

It just may get kind of flat if it gets too cold at night.

Since it kind of cradles my neck, though, I don't wake up cold as often. Also, I'm not fishing my pillow (previously made out of a stuff sack or just clothes) out from wherever it decides to slide. This one really stays in place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools