Topic

SHT in July 4.5 days 60 miles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists SHT in July 4.5 days 60 miles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Craig “Pisco” Gulley
    BPL Member

@cgulley

Locale: Midwest

I will be hiking the SHT in Minnesota in mid July. I will be going north to south because of shuttle convenience. I will be going 60 miles.
    I have posted a new gear list

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

You know your warmth needs better than I but while it is possible to get cold weather in July it is extremely rare. I'd be inclined to hold the down jacket, down pants and vapor-therm mitts in reserve and take them only if the short term weather forecast is gruesome.

It isn't clear if you plan to hang your food with the UL rope and biner … but I would.

What sections are you hiking?

Craig “Pisco” Gulley
    BPL Member

@cgulley

Locale: Midwest

Sorry for the confusion that is a universial gear list, so only the marked"x" items are going… All the down is NOT going in fact I am also thinking about leaving the raingear given the forcast.

I am hiking from Hwy 6 above Little Marais back to the parking lot at Hwy 301.
    I always carry some UL rope and a #2 biner… do you think there is bear activity or just racoons, squirrels, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools