Topic

Boiling Water w/ Caldera Cone Keg

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Boiling Water w/ Caldera Cone Keg

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeff berkman
    BPL Member

@jberkman

I have the Caldera Cone System with the Esbit gram cracker stove. I plan to place 2 esbits in the stove one on top of the other. I am going with a friend and I was wondering if it is more fuel efficient to boil the Foster's can filled close to the top, or to fill the Foster can up to the top of the cone twice, letting the esbit continue to burn as I pour water out and cold water back in for a second time. I was hoping someone knows this answer so I don't have to waste fuel testing it out myself.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Jeff,

I just got one and have not field tested it. But under ideal conditions at home I was able to boil a full keg with one tablet.

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Jeff, in my limited experience with the Caldera Cone Keg using a Foster's can, it was easy to boil a full pot with 1 Esbit tablet. If that isn't enough you can always light a second. Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools