Topic

Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Muir Trail Ranch not yet serving hot food for backpackers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Engelberg
    BPL Member

@jaebpl

For those resupplying at Muir Trail Ranch, be aware that though they're working on a full service backpacker's center, it's not complete yet. As of this post the only way to get a hot meal (and not cook it yourself) is to purchase a "short stay" at the Ranch. So, if you want to have a good meal when you stop, pack it in your resupply container or cross your fingers and hope the hiker box has something tasty in it.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

That sounds great. It would be nice to have a real meal without having to go to VVR or pay to stay at MTR. I know that some have found the MTR folks to be very backpacker-averse, but I found them to be quite friendly.

Jesse Engelberg
    BPL Member

@jaebpl

Yes, they seem quite nice and replied to emails very quickly.

It's too bad they're not ready to serve hot meals to those of us who don't have the time to stop there for the night!

Michael Moore

@lilricky

I know this thread is a bit old, but I thought I might add some info. As of 8/22/11 they are charging $55 for a "handling fee" for accepting and keeping your resupply package. Yep, $55, that's enough of a rip-off for me to stay away. JMHO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools