Topic

Potty Trowel

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Potty Trowel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

I know this one has been exhausted before, but I finally got around to trying to lighten up one of the $1 Fiskars trowels I found at Walmart. Took out the orange end plug and hacked about 2 inches off the handle, then went to work with the drill. Doesn't seem to have compromised the strength of the tool, but it only took the weight from 2.8 ounces down to a solid 2.0 ounces. I guess still an improvement for a 'modify' your gear project. Thought I would share —

Fiskars Trowel

Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

Saw those at the store and wished that a weight was available. Thank you for buying, testing, and reporting on your modifications. For trailwork, Fiskars does makes some good tools.

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

huhu nice!

I did the same to my orange plastic one. Got it down to 1.9oz. All the holes only saved me 1/4oz. I know some people go without one but I seem to camp in places with rocky/sandy/rooty dirt that can't be dug with a stick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools