Topic

Salomon XT Wings – LOOK NOW!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Salomon XT Wings – LOOK NOW!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stephen P

@spavlock

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Steep and Cheap has these for right under $60. About 25 min. left if anyone happens to see this very soon. Too bad they don't have 13

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

they were on s&c on wedsnesday and swooped up a pair of 11's! Love em so far

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I'm bummed, passed on them. Then the Nike's I had ordered didn't fit.

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Deal is back on S&C for those who catch this in time and are interested!

Dont Wantto

@longhiker

It's been on a couple of times today.. I guess I would buy one if I could explain why I need to buy 2 pairs of shoes in 2 weeks to my girlfriend.

For those looking to get this deal again, spadout.com lets you see what deals were on Steep And Cheap during the last day or so (go to Daily Deal and click on 'What did I miss?').. things seem to cycle through Steep and cheap, so if you see the shoes were on earlier today, chances are it'll show up again soon.

(until they run out I guess)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Caught them this time. Hope they run true to size, I forgot to check. Salomons are about 4 out of 5 of my all time most comfortable shoes.

Oops. STP says they run a 1/2 size small.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

my 11's run pretty true. when i kick at the ground my toe doesn't hit the front of shoe..

Stephen P

@spavlock

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

You should be good Joe. My XA Pros feel true to size.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Sounds great.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

In my experience, the XT wings (goretex version) are true to size in length, however they do have a narrow toe box. I have an average foot, and have never required anything in "wide", but I found the XT wings to be a lil too narrow for my liking. This is fairly noticeable in the XT wings in particular, because they have a tough rubber rand surrounding the toebox, and therefore offers very little flex/give in the toe region. Good luck!

Ben Corner
    Spectator

@ultimatekiwi

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools