Topic

Krupicka v.s. Jornet – Western States 100

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Krupicka v.s. Jornet – Western States 100

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

for those who follow this kind of thing :

Anton Krupicka (great new American ultra trail runner)
    v.s.
    Killian Jornet (greatest young European ultra runner)

going head to head this weekend (right now) in the Western States 100 miler.

Western States

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Art, Thanks for the link. Eighty miles in and both are running strong.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Kilian seems to have dropped back at 85, passed by Roes. Very interesting!

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Roes is very strong.
    He holds the record on the Wasatch 100, second hardest 100 miler in America.
    Maybe Kilian is just too young and not seasoned enough yet.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Roes has passed Krupika at 90!

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

amazing race today, have been glued to the updates. Watching the live streaming feed of the finish line now!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Roes finishes like nobody's business! It's amazing how he pulled away from Krupika near the end.

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Amazing race.
    Great win for Roes.
    Roes hung back in 3rd till Anton crushed Kilian at mile 85, then he pulled alongside and passed Anton at mile 90.
    New course record.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Kilian really faded over the last 15 miles. Finished almost an hour behind Roes. Great race!

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Congrats to all the Western States runners! Not to take away from the endurance spectacle up front that Anton, Roes and Kilian put down for the entire 100 miles, but no one should ignore the amazing effort that Nick Clark from Fort Collins put down. Clark moved up the ranks consistently and appeared to get better after the Rucky Chucky station. Nick was slightly off the radar going into the big dance, recently winning my states Jemez 5O mile endurance race in May as well as the Ghost Town Ultra in Jan. of this year. Nick moved up the ranks yesterday and put the heat on Jornet in the last 10 miles, this is absolutely amazing! He was the darkhorse and I almost lost a round of pints at the pub to my trail running buddy on this guy! I had Anton all the way, Geoff closed this race in such a flash of brilliance, it's unbelievable what he did. Jurek surely felt his balloon deflate, Roes shattered the 2004 course record by almost 30 minutes. No 3-peat for Koerner this year.

I'm running the Deadman Peaks 50 Miler on the CDT Oct. 23rd and events such as the one that took place yesterday is completely inspiring and motivating to me!

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

Geoff Roes' record time referred to above was 15:07:04

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools