Topic

Clip-On Sunglasses

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Clip-On Sunglasses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mathias Gillum

@mattyg

Locale: Midwest

Any reccomendations for inexpensive clip-on sunglasses. I'll be in the mountains in the soutwest 7,000 to 12,000 feet for 10 days.

Thanks,

MattyG

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

WalMart vision center. Under $20. Many styles

Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside
    James D Buch
    BPL Member

@rocketman

Locale: Midwest

I have used the brand called Sun Shield available at both WalMart and Walgreen's.

They come in two styles – "fit over flip up frame" and "clip on" which clips to the edges of the eyeglass frame in four locations.

The clip-on type require a bit of manual dexterity to be removing and adding, but the flip-up allow easy switching between regular vision and sun protection.

They both come in several shapes to better fit the different shapes of prescription eyeglasses, so you have to do a little fitting.

I like the good fit I got with the clip-on and my particular eyeglass frames.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools