Topic

easy access UL DSLR and lense cases

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography easy access UL DSLR and lense cases

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rick Beaty

@reeock

Locale: New England

I have 1 DSLR a tripod and three lenses I want to pack into the backcountry. Any tips on protection or cases for the items while backpacking? Any DIY options? My My camera gear is heavy enough as it is. I don't want to further weigh it down with heavy casing. PLEASE HELP!!!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Rick
    Take a look at the Aarns Photo Pockets. They are made for his packs but based on my use of the standard pockets they should
    work very well in balancing the weight, accessibility and visibility.

http://aarnpacks.com/products/balance_pockets.html
    I suggested the pockets to Aarn but unfortunately after he already had designed them .
    Franco

Stephen P

@spavlock

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

A simple DIY method is to use reflectix and plastic bags or aloksaks to add waterproofing. I use this for my camera, then again I'm probably carrying pennies compared to what you are packing.

I've had good luck with the relectix protecting electronics. I used it because I already had it. I guess another solution would be bubble wrap + some sort of plastic for water proofing.

At best…this could be a quick and easy solution until you have researched a more permanent solution.

EDIT: You could also cut foam to the right size for the padding. This seems like it would add more bulk, but offer a little more protection. I'm thinking of your lightest options here…they won't be stylish, but they will get the job done. Best of luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools