Topic

2 hikers need ride from Fresno to Sequoia King NP for SHR hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 2 hikers need ride from Fresno to Sequoia King NP for SHR hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Hi all,

I was hoping to solicit you California backpackers for some help. A backpacking buddy and I are planning on doing the Sierra High Route this summer starting at the southern terminus at Sequoia King NP on Sunday July 25th.
    We'd love to find ourselves a local who could give us a ride from a hotel near Fresno airport to Sequoia King NP in order to start this hike. Thought I'd start with the members here because everyone has always been so kind and eager to help on these forums. I'm not a frequent poster but have been an avid, but quiet, member of BPL.
    We would, of course, offer cash for your trouble, buy you meals and pay for all gas.
    If anyone would be interested in helping us out on Sunday July 25th with a ride, it would be so appreciated!! Please PM me if you could help out. Thanks for your time!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I have a set of GG Lighttrek 4 poles, very good condition, with straps, that I bought used off another BPLer. I'll give them away to whoever will help Adam and Jason out. I'll even pay for the shipping. And he needs the ride on Saturday, not Sunday.

You get the poles after Adam and Jason get the ride! And I am good for the poles, as I think most on here would attest.

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

As Doug mentioned, Jason and I now need the ride on Saturday, not Sunday. We're planning on flying in on Friday evening, crashing in a hotel Friday night, then getting some last minute supplies and, local help willing, heading to the trailhead.

Doug: thanks so much for helping us out and "sweetening the pot!" Speaking for Jason and myself, always love hiking with you and your help here means a ton!!

Thanks, in advance, to all.
    P.S. – the gas money, meal and extra cash still stands too!!

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

PM sent. Happy to give a ride out of my hometown.

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Hi David,

Will email you directly at the email address in your PM. Thanks for getting in touch!

Adam

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Right on Dave, way to help out!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

If it doesn't work out with David give me a buzz, shoot me an email as sometimes my pm's don't work. [email protected] Do you need a ride to Sequoia
    or Kings Canyon? Jack

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the offer! Being from the east, I'm not super familiar with this area… I just know we need to get to Road's End permit station and start the hike on Copper Creek Tr out of Kings Canyon. Sound familiar? Needless to say, I'm going to be spending the next month memorizing Roper's book on the SHR and getting aquianted with my map set.
    Thanks again Jack.

Best,
    Adam

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I know where Roads End is at whe're doing a hike from there to Rae Lakes in Aug. I would be more than happy to give you guys a ride if David can't, or if I'm closer than he is, it would be about 1 1/2 hour drive for me no biggie, plus I have family up that way that I could visit on the way back. I also have a annual card to get into the park for free so you wont have to pay the $10.00 or $20.00 to get in.Let me know what ever you guys decide. Jack

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Hi Jack,

This is very cool of you! I'm sharing a couple emails back and forth with David to arrange details, but if for any reason it doesn't come together, I will definitely get in touch.
    Thanks so much for your hospitality!!

Adam

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools