Topic

Overnight Hike in Central Oregon Cascades 6-19 to 6-20

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Overnight Hike in Central Oregon Cascades 6-19 to 6-20

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    BPL Member

@scienceken

Locale: Western Oregon

EDIT: Due to some uncertainty in my schedule this week, I might not be able to make this hike after all. But I am still hoping that it will work out; PM me or reply if you are interested and I'll get in touch with you.

My hiking partner for an overnight hike this coming weekend had to bail and I was wondering if anyone local would like to hike with me. I would be fine with hiking alone, but my wife isn't a huge fan of that.

I had been planning for the Middle Santiam Trail to Donaca Lake, but am uncertain of the bridgeless stream crossings due to the recent wet weather and increased snowfall. Sweet Home Ranger District didn't have any info for me on those crossings when I called.

I am open to other destinations in the Central Cascades as well. French Pete and Mount June (via Hardesty Mtn) were also trails I was considering. I have USGS topo maps ready to print for any of these trails.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools